Now you can make Mediterranean bread at home!
• You favorite bread machine bread recipe
• 1 teaspoon of Northern Spice Mediterrranean Bread Spice.
Bread makers have a fruit and nut beep at about 30 minutes after you start it. Check your bread maker to see the exact timing of the fruit and nut beep. This beep signals that the dough is ready for the last kneading before it starts the rise cycle. This is a good time to add 1 teaspoon of Northern Spice Mediterrranean Bread Spice.
Do you want more of an artisan feel to your bread? Then let your bread maker do all the hard work of kneading the dough and first rise while still having the crusty feel and shape of artisan bread by using the dough-only setting.
• After the bread machine finishes making the dough, remove it from the bread pan.
• Shape the dough and place it on a baking pan or in a loaf pan.
• Cover your dough with a clean kitchen towel and place the pan in a warm place out of drafts to rise.
• After dough rises to double-size, bake it in a preheated 375F degree oven until done (about 20-30 minutes depending on climate, ingredients, size, shape, and oven).
• Check it at 20 minutes (15 minutes for rolls and breadsticks) by turning on the oven light.
• You want a brown crust but not dark brown.
• Bread will soften as it cools.
• Toast and serve with hummus
• Toast and serve with salad
• Warm with drizzled butter
• Sectioned for dipping into balsamic vinegar and olive oil
• Toast or fresh for grilled meats and sandwiches
• Toast for vegetable sandwiches (add sprouts, micro greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc)
• Serve with cheese and wine
• Serve with soups and stews